Tuesday, January 17, 2006

And we're back...

After much delay I'm back on-line. A lot has obviously happened since last I wrote...new job. The move back to San Francisco...decorating the apartment (very big job). First dinner party (very fun job). Christmas. And all that.
So it's a new year and I'm newly dedicated to blogging. For a while anyway! We'll see how long this lasts!
I love writing actually, it's just that sometimes I feel like it's homework...

Anyway, here are some fun projects. First, a Crazy Aunt Purl scarf that I made for Chrissy for Christmas. I hope she likes it. I happen to think she looks Fab in it.

Chris' Crazy Aunt Purl Scarf Posted by Picasa
I loved this pattern. So fun, and with yarn that I already had flagged for Chrissy in my stash. When you're getting overwhelmed with socks and sweaters and knitting is not as fun as it used to be, as scarf is just the ticket to get you back on the bandwagon again.

This scarf actually motivated me to finish a mystery project to be revealed later (after my mom's birthday, actually--she might check in on VickeryKnits and spoil the suprise) and I've started working on a cardigan for myself that I had put down about 7 or 8 months ago! I've finished a back and a sleeve and I'm going gangbusters on the 2nd sleeve! Woo-hoo!

Also, we have my mom's amazing cardigan. This is one that she made for her mom, with bobbles and slipped stitches. I think it's glorious! It's too cool that my mom is getting so into knitting. She's already finished another sweater for one of my sisters as well and starting on a new one soon! Go Mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay, you're back! How's SF treating you?
-nod