Monday, January 08, 2007

Christmas Presents

That I haven't been able to blog about!
First we have some cabled slipper-socks from One Skein, knit with the exact yarn and needles the pattern calls for:
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Cranberry, size 5 DPNs.
This project is for my grandma!







This hat is one of my own design knit for Bryant with some mystery yarn--perhaps Rowan Cork? from my stash. I love the random stripes, but the hat sits too high on his head. I definitely should have started the decreases sooner.









Next up:










This is Swell, from Knitty. I loved this pattern but I had to do some serious m-a-t-h to adjust the pattern to my guage. I had to figure out how to do ratios again! (With some help from my good knitting buddy, Emily!) The pattern was knit at approx. 4 sts/inch. My guage was 5.5 sts/inch! I added another pattern repeat and I like the fabric that I got with my guage (yarn was the called-for Cascade 220, my current Favorite Yarn of All Time).

In non knitting news, I also pulled out the sewing machine to make this cute little number for Chrissy!










It's an Amy Butler pattern called "favorite clutch" that I pulled from the December 2005 magazine, American Patchwork & Quilting. I loved this pattern from the first and I bought the magazine just for this. I finished it off with a vintage earing in the shape of a 'C.' I have to admit, that's my favorite part.

In other Knitting News, I finally found the perfect yarn for this! As they say, I am LATE to the party on this one.

2 comments:

Sue J. said...

It's never too late to knit something timeless like Clapotis. Your work is lovely, as usual. I really like the socks. Cheers!
Sue J.

Anonymous said...

Meh - I have the yarn and the pattern for Clapotis, and still have been waiting on it, trying to finish other things first! I hope you do love yours when you make it.