Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Hawser Sweater



Cross posted on the Zimmermaniacs Knit-Along:

This is my Hawser sweater from Knitting Workshop. Knit with Jamieson's Shetland Double Knitting in Eesit. I changed the yoke colors to Eucalyptus, Granny Smith, Sage and Ivy and I love the result. Everything else was knit exactly to EZ's specifications. This was the most enjoyable and fastest sweater that I ever knit and I highly recommend the pattern. I am getting a lot of wear out of it!

I actually finished this sweater a month or two ago but only just got around to getting good pictures of it. This was the sweater that just would NOT photograph well and thus the delay. On to my next Elizabeth Zimmermann project, some sort of EPS sweater for Bryant.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's *beautiful*! I absolutely love the colors, and the pattern around the neck/yoke is simple and lovely.

Great job! I think I may have to try this oft-mentioned system. :)

Unknown said...

Great job, Vick!

Anonymous said...

Great colors! Wow, that's really cute.

Unknown said...

That sweater is beautiful. I've been wanting to knit a EZ yoke sweater, but will now wait until after the summer heat. How exciting about your move to Wyoming. Maybe someday I'll come out and be a guest at your ranch.

Lyssa said...

That looks great! I love the colors.

Anonymous said...

I recognize this one! It looks great. nice and cosy for Wyoming...